Just £350 WILL provide ONE FAMILY with a HOME!
More than 1.2 million Rohingya Muslims have fled Myanmar since October. As a stateless Muslim minority group in Myanmar, they have faced discrimination, violence and extreme poverty for decades.
The latest exodus began on 25 August 2017, when violence broke out in Myanmar’s Rakhine State. The vast majority of Rohingya refugees reaching Bangladesh are women and children, including newborn babies. Many others are elderly people requiring additional aid and protection. They have nothing and need everything.
With the monsoon weather approaching and the present condition of the Rohingya homes which are made of sheets. Drop of Compassion with our partners have acquired land to build 1000 homes. These homes a protective environment that will shields the families from the monsoon and winds which will impact this are from April onwards. Last year the monsoon season lasted six months. With these new homes thousands of families will be saved from this wet and windy monsoon.
This is the current state of the Rohingya refugees and their living conditions:
The specific objectives include:
- The project will protect and home vulnerable families who are living in poorly built homes
- Protect against the monsoon rain
- Give a sturdy home that will withstand the harsh conditions of the monsoon
- Will provide livelihood for local Rohingya refugees who will construct the homes.
- The project will home 1000 families
- The refugees will have a safe clean environment to live in Facilitate the children’s growth in an empathic family setting that they need.
- Includes 2 bedroom homes
- Total size being 15 x 12 feet
- Furnished with bedding
- Sturdy construction mainly of bamboo to ensure it is Waterproof and Windproof
- Includes basic solar panel for electricity and lighting
All donations, however little, will go a long way in providing relief to the desperate Rohingya people. You can make a difference to their lives by supporting this cause and donating generously, THANK YOU.
100% Donation, No Deductions!
We guarantee 100% of your donations will reach their intended target. The charity operates on a voluntary basis ensuring our costs are kept to a minimum. The set-up, operating, admin and marketing costs are met by the trustees, supporters and some from the gift aid contributions.