£120 will cover the cost to Accommodate 3 Students!
Every child has the right to an education. This however doesn’t warrant class sizes of 200 students and studying in 36 degree heat. This is the standard of education currently available to the underprivileged children of Malawi.
It’s a far cry from the standard of education we are used to. It begs the question……
Would we tolerate this standard for our own children?
The average 7 year old in Malawi will commence their 6km journey to school at 6am ready for a 7.30 start. Children at that age will have aspirations about what they want to be when they grow up, but it’s tough for families to keep their children in school. Underprivileged families either cannot afford School fees or require support from their children to earn an income, which leads to most children dropping out of school at 9 or 10 years old. Aspirations and Dreams are shattered at a time when their life journey is just getting started.
At Nangapoche School in Somba (Malawi) classrooms are congested. This school is more central so kids don’t have to travel so far. It is basic, but it provides schooling and a feeding programme for all children. This encourages families to keep their children in school because they know they’ll be fed. This eases the pressure on families.
Drop of Compassion is working to provide a decent standard of education for children in Malawi and this school is being supported by your donations. They are eager to make the school succeed. So much love and energy goes in to providing an education for children, and our hope is for every child to succeed.
You can help us to help make the aspirations of each and every child come true by supporting Drop of Compassion’s education projects. If we can create the environment and space for children to learn, they will thrive.
Your donation will help us build more classrooms, address proper sanitation and toilet blocks to meet demand. We can provide electricity to classrooms that don’t yet have it. Your donations will help to provide VITAL textbooks and resources for these children.
You can see how much it means to these children. Just being in a safe environment where they are fed, and can learn. A place where dreams begin. A place where leaders are made. A place that will support them to be the best they can be.
Nangapoche School in Somba has 1052 learners in standards 1 up to 4, hence the need to construct a few classroom blocks to cater for standards 5 to 8 would be really beneficial. The size for this block will be 26m x 10.2m which works out to approximately 265sqm. This will house 2 classrooms.
The communities are really keen on this expansion project and have already molded some bricks as contribution to this initiative which will also be used as a Kitchen.
Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world
Education is a key to development in any society as it develops the individual capacity physically, emotionally and intellectually. With this status, an individual moves positively to respond to the environment or society, by assuming various roles that help develop the society even more. Malawi has an estimated population of 13 million people with low literacy rate, our goal is to achieve universal and quality education.
- To promote quality education among the vulnerable rural children.
- To reduce the increasing ratio of learners.
- To lay a better foundation for secondary and tertiary education.
- To ensure sustainable education through infrastructure development.
- Many schools are far apart, the nearest Chipunga being about 6km away.
- The school is located along the main road, hence provides easy access for learners.
- High population of learners in other schools compromises quality education.
- There are streams bordering some schools that make it impossible for some pupils to cross when it is raining due to absence of bridges in some places.
- Many of the surrounding schools do not offer secular classes.
Vision for the Future
- Nangapoche school turned into a full primary school with adequate class rooms by 2018
- By 2018/19, most of the youths in the community will have acquired basic education whereby the illiteracy levels will have improved.
100% Donation, No Deductions!
We guarantee 100% of your donations will reach their intended target. The charity operates on a voluntary basis ensuring our costs are kept to a minimum. The set-up, operating, admin and marketing costs are met by the trustees, supporters and some from the gift aid contributions.